The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We protect displaced people and support them as they build a new future.
1. Implement NRC’s HR and admin systems and procedures
2. Ensure that country set up adhere to Employment standards, HR policy and other NRC policies
3. Ensure compliance with the local labor law
4. Training, support, control and development of HR teams
5. Responsibility to maintain NRC core values within NRC operations
6. Support and train of all staff with HR responsibilities/ personnel management
7. Management of the HR team
8. Provide regular HR analysis and reports
9. Ensure safe and standardized filing of personnel documents in all offices
10. Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
1. Manage HR and Admin departments; ensure that recruitment of national staff is in accordance with NRC recruitment procedures, that the appropriate salary grades/steps and periods of employment, including probation, are applied;
2. Provide oversight and overall quality control SOPs in all functions of HR
3. Coordinate induction process for all new NRC employees including explanation of Code of Conduct (CoC) and Anti-corruption guidelines.
4. Ensure that there is targeted capacity building for national staff, in accordance with identified capacity gaps and training needs;
5. Support field staff, and in particular HR Coordinators, in the execution of the HR responsibilities;
6. Maintain up to date confidential employee records for all national staff;
7. Undertake annual review of NRC’s National Staff Guidelines;
8. Coordinate and implement salary reviews and other surveys related to staff welfare;
9. Ensure that performance appraisals are completed in accordance with NRC policy;
10. Ensure payroll prepared on monthly basis and approve calculations by the office administrators in the field-offices;
11. Remain up to date on tax and labour laws and provisions affecting NRC and ensure timely communication of changes to responsible staff;
12. Compile monthly HRs, quarterly and annual reports
13. Perform other duties as requested by the Country Director and Head of Support.
• Admin duties and responsibilities:
1. Ensure development of administrative systems and procedures in Afghanistan
2. Ensure that NRC’s administrative policies and procedures are fully implemented in Afghanistan.
3. Ensure that NRC’s reporting requirements to Government Agencies and other bodies in Afghanistan are met on a timely basis.
4. Support field staff, and in particular HR/Admin Coordinators, in the execution of their HR responsibilities;
5. Advise and assist employees in the area of office management;
6. Represent NRC at meetings concerning new or revised governmental procedure and practices; interpret and assess the impact of potential changes and make recommendations for remedial action;
7. Maintain office records on file tree as well as hard copy for the archives;
8. Ensure accurate translation of documents as required
Generic Professional Competencies:
• Minimum 5 years of experience from working as a senior HR Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
• Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
• Fluency in English, both written and verbal
• Advanced degree or similar qualification in HR/Business Administration
• At least 5 years’ experience in Admin/Human Resources with reputable organization
• Knowledge of the local language (Dari, Pushto and English)
• Initiating action and change
• Managing performance and development
• Empowering and building trust
• Handling insecure environments
For applying and more information, please copy below link and paste in the web address.
Note: All applicants are supposed to create and properly fill online CV profile in the system, example (personal, education, experience background etc..) and only attaching CV won’t be enough.